Trigger Point Performance Therapy offers unpaid internships to qualified candidates studying exercise physiology, exercise science, kinesiology or related fields. Internships may be available during the fall, spring or summer semesters. Interested individuals should send a résumé and cover letter describing their background, interests and career goals to the listed contact person. We are currently looking to fill a summer position.
Trigger Point Performance Therapy internships aim to provide qualified candidates with an environment for understanding the positive role physical activity, massage therapy, and active recovery plays in preventive and rehabilitative care. Specifically, interns will:
- Gain an understanding of human biomechanics and how the body is designed as an interconnecting network
- Participate in 2-3 major fitness expositions and events throughout the country
- Hone the skills required for using and sharing the methodology behind Myofascial Compression Techniques
- Develop a personal style necessary for communicating the importance of self-massage
- Learn to work with a multi-discipline team in delivering quality information to clientele
- Through participation and guided learning, develop the skills to instruct group exercise and personal training classes using Trigger Point Performance Therapy in a variety of environments and modalities
- Assist in development of internet-based protocol for injury prevention and rehabilitation
Trigger Point Performance is an Austin-based company that has successfully become one of the leaders in personal performance care by marketing its in-home therapy technology to consumers in the athletic, health care, and personal wellness markets. We are a multi-channel company that provides a broad selection of information, media, products, and services to customers that value personal development, wellness, positive lifestyles, and enlightening media.
Contact: Lindsey Smith
Lindsey@TPtherapy.com, (512) 300-2804